Monday 7 October 2013

Sunday stir-fry *what to do with leftovers*

Hey guys! Its Monday, God is faithful isnt He!
I trust you all had a marvelous weekend.  Mine was good but short :-( *oh well* Anyway I put something together over the weekend and I made it from the ingredients I found left over in my fridge! You would be surprised what you can make from your leftovers. It was so good that I think its officially one of my recipes now.
So I called it my sunday stir-fry.

Ingredients
1 or 2 slices burger meat
Red pepper*hoho
Green pepper*hoho
Garlic
Olive oil
Cooking cream
Cheese *any*
Parsley
Oregano
Basil
Black pepper
1 chilli beef cube
1 spoon royco
1 packet tomato paste
Spaghetti/macaroni*any pasta will do*


So I first boiled water with 1 tablespoon oil and some salt and added the spaghetti to cook. I then poured out the hot water once it was ready and rinsed it with cold water and mixed it with some oil so as not to stick together while I made the stew. I then cut up some garlic and cooked it with some olive oil in a pan. I then added my peppers, tomato paste, chilli cube, and various spices. After that I added the burger meat which I had previously sliced. When it started browning, I added about 3/4 cup water with one tablespoon royco which instantly thickened the sauce.




Lastly I added about half a cup cooking cream,  grated some cheese*you can put as much as you want* and added the spaghetti that I had put aside. 





At this point you can put the pan aside to mix everything well. Once that is done you can place it over the heat for about 3 minutes and VUALA! 


Note I didnt add any salt seeing the chili cube and the cheese are very salty. 
I also garnished it with some parsley on top! 








ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment