Monday 13 January 2014

Oriental stir-fry noodles with Tilapia

Hey guys!
Happy new week. Hope you all had a great weekend. I surely did :-)) allow me to share with you what I cooked yesterday for a late lunch. Was craving anything other than chicken or meat. Hadn't cooked a fish meal in a while so yesterday was the perfect day!

Decided to go all oriental and opted for a stirfry to accompany it.


Ingredients:-
Tilapia fillet
Self raising or all purpose flour.
2 heads broccoli
1 carrot
4 tomatoes
2 onions
Garlic
Parley
Basil
Black pepper
1 large pack noodles or 5 small packs
Vegetable oil
Soy sauce
Tomato paste
1 tablespoon Royco




Firstly I washed and cut up my carrot and broccoli and then I put them to boil. After 7 minutes I removed, poured out the water and put aside.
I then boiled some water for the noodles and added them to boil after 5min.







Once that was done, I drained them and put them aside. I then put some garlic and some oil in a pan/sufuria and added the veggies that I had put aside, a dash of soya sauce, the noodles and salt to taste.
                                                             
 









In another pan, I heated some oil to fry the fish. I cut the fish up in big chunks, dipped in the flour and black pepper and fried till the chunks were slightly brown and cooked.











Once I was done I cut up 2 onions and 4cloves of garlic and cooked with some oil in another sufuria/cooking pot. I then grated 4 tomatoes and added to the pot. After a few min I added tomato paste, parsley and basil. I then mixed one tablespoon Royco with 1 cup water and added to pot, after which I covered with a lid and allowed to cook until sauce was thickened.









Shortly after I carefully added my fried fish chunks and covered with lid. Avoid mixing with spoon because the chunks can easily break, instead shake the pot gently in circular motion for everything to mix. After about 2 min of mixing, it was ready since the fish was already cooked.



Serve over noodle stirfry.
Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. so yummmyyyyyyy

    i have found my new fave blog afta mine ... he he :) :)
    (http://funinwriting-rebecca.blogspot.com/)

    now i will wait for a cooking class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super dope. I had the previledge to taste this.

    ReplyDelete