Friday 21 February 2014

Bbq Bacon and cheese burgers with a pasta salad

Hey guys!!!
Its Friday and Im hungry!! Thinking about the burgers I made two nights ago.....yumm!!
There is something about making burgers from scratch. They are so much more juicier and full of flavor. 
I love that you can make them as thick as you want and with just about anything.
I also love the simple mayo-tuna-corn-pasta salad. Been making it for years and its still a hit with most of friends!

Well here is how it went down.

Ingredients:- [makes about 8 burgers]
Mince meat Beef [about 500 gr]
Cheddar cheese sliced
Burger buns
Mixed bag lettuce
Bacon Rindless
Mayonnaise
Can of shredded tuna
Can of sweet corn
Pasta 3 colours
Dhania /Correander
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Olive oil
Black peper
Cayenne pepper
Worcestershire sauce
Dark brown sugar
Ketchup


So I started up by boiling the water for my pasta. I then added the pasta, a dash of oil and allowed it to cook for about 10 minutes. Once that was done I drained the hot water and used cold water to cool the pasta.
After that I mixed them well with my hands and a dash of some olive oil to keep them from being sticky.
I then proceeded to make the burgers and allowed the pasta to sit and cool off completely by itself.








In a sufuria I mixed about 1 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, a dash of Worcestershire sauce and some cayenne pepper and stirred well as I heated it up on the cooking stove until the sugar had melted and mixed well into a nice thick brown sauce. I then put it aside.








Heat oven to 180 degrees.
In a bowl, I put all my ingredients to mix[ the mince meat, the egg, chopped dhania, 1 chopped onion and 4 cloves chopped garlic, breadcrumbs, 4 tablespoons olive oil, abit of salt, a dash of worcestershire sauce and some black pepper] I mixed it all well with my hands and formed into round burgers. I then oiled the baking tray and placed the burgers and baked for about 15 minutes. 



After that I cut the buns in half and placed them on the rack tray in the oven for 1 minute to get abit crunchy on the outside.*Be careful not to burn them. *


I then cooked my bacon in a pan.
 

When burgers were sizzling and the aroma had filled the kitchen, I removed them and placed the cheddar cheese slices on top and returned to the oven for 1 minute for the cheese to melt.


In another bowl I mixed about pasta that I had kept aside, 5 spoons mayonnaise, sweet corn and tuna *please drain all the oil out of the tuna* and added salt to taste.


Spread some mayonnaise on the bottom bun and place the burger meat on each. Follow with two slices bacon and the BBQ sauce on top. Wash the lettuce/mixed salad and dry it with a paper towel. 
Serve the burger on a plate with the pasta on top on the bed of lettuce/mixed salad.

Enjoy!!


















These were honestlty the tastiest and juiciest burgers I've ever made or had!!! No lie!!
Awaiting your Feed-back!!
Invite some friends over this weekend and make them this easy and fun meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment