Monday 3 February 2014

Food review: Golden Spur Steak Ranch Restaurant

Hey guys........so here's a long overdue food review on one of my favorite restaurants, "SPURS!"

 

I've dined at the one located in The Southern Sun Mayfair hotel, in Westlands a couple of times, and I must say, I have never been disappointed.
I find that this is the ideal place for a chilled out lunch or dinner, Sunday brunch, and for any special celebration. I love the ambiance in this place! Couples on one table enjoying a romantic dinner while another family loudly chatters on the next one. They have bouncing castles, a playroom and cyber that cater to different age groups so you don't have to leave your kids at home. Great and quick service and not forgetting some very fresh and scrumptious meals.

I'm a fan of juicy steaks so I ordered the Chedamealt steak that came with some fries, onion rings and a bit of salad. Sadly my steak was a bit tough. This was my first time ever eating a hard steak here. In the past, I had always gotten soft and juicy ones. All in all I still enjoyed the flavor and the delightful layer of melted cheese and a creamy mushroom sauce covering the steak.


We also had Chicken and Cheese quesadillas with salsa and guacamole. They were a bit hard but very tender on the inside. The guacamole was perfectly chilled and fresh.


The Spurs classic bugger was a feast for sore eyes. You could tell just how juicy it was even without taking a bite. It was served with fries and onion rings. I must say it was quite good and filling too.



We also had the buffalo chicken wings that came with two sauces to dip in. They were plenty that I actually didn't make the effort to count them, though I believe they should make them with a nice sauce, preferably barbecue instead of just frying them. They were a bit too plain in my humble opinion but still a good meal and very filling.



We also had Half chicken and fries! The meal was such a winner. The chicken filled half of the plate and it was perfectly garnished with a nice barbecue sauce.



And lastly we had the pork chops and mashed potatoes. The pork chops were nice and juicy, topped with a slice of pineapple and creamy mashed potatoes. This meal was also a winner and extremely scrumptious.



Two things we love about Spurs are the good portions and great service.
Prices range between 600 to about 2000 Ksh depending on what you order. A good steak can go for about 800- 1300 Ksh. The drinks range from about 150-350 Ksh and are served chilled in big glasses! *winning!* The waiters are friendly, very efficient and fast. We were served by a very polite man who even gave us 3 plates of veggies on the house. Since we were celebrating a birthday, they gathered around our table and sang their special spurs birthday song as they brought our cake with a lit up sparkly candle* courtesy of them*

I highly recommend this place any day.
They are on a level of their own.

Big up Spurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment