Tuesday 18 February 2014

Salmon with baked baby potatoes and a creamy mushroom sauce

Hey guys!
Hope you all had an awesome love weekend! :-) I sure did.

So I was planning to make this dish over the weekend but sadly I had the worst migraine throughout. I'm much better now so I was eager to finally get in the kitchen last night and create this masterpiece that I had in my mind all along.

Im a great fan of salmon. I find it to be the tastiest fresh water fish there is. The only problem is that it is not found locally here in Kenya so we usually import it at a very high price. I bought three fillets for about 800 ksh!! YAIX!! I had missed eating salmon which was one of my weely meals in Spain since it was so much cheaper there. All in all we all have to pay a price sometimes for something good and worthwhile.

I decided to bake it and once I saw some baby potatoes during one of my supermarket errands I figured I'd give them a try aswell. Since Im a fan of mushrooms-I opted to make a thick creamy sauce with some cream and white wine that I had in the house and even added some peas for some flavor and color.

Ingredients:-   
Salmon fillets [and not the steak since the steak has bones]
Baby potatoes or normal potatoes [depending on preference]
1 pack mushrooms
1/2 cup peas
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
Cooking cream
1/2 beef cube
2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup white wine
Oregano
black pepper
Salt to taste
Dhania/correander
Foil

Heat oven to 180 degrees.
I started of by washing and boiling the baby potatoes as they were without peeling them. I allowed them to cook for about 20 minutes. [You can poke with a knife and if the potato slides of know that it is cooked.]
Once they were done I drained the water and put them on a large baking tray, sprinkled some olive oil, a dash of salt and some chopped correander/dhania over them and popped them in the pre-heated oven for about 7-10 minutes.


I then cleaned the fillets and placed each fillet on a piece of foil paper. I chopped and added 2 cloves garlic, some oregano, salt and a dash of olive oil over each and wrapped them well in foil.
I then placed the fish in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes.




In a pan I put the remaining 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 chopped onion and some butter to cook.


Shortly after that I added 1/2 beef cube and 1/2 cup white wine and left to reduce.


I then added the mushrooms to sautee for 5minutes.

I then added the cooking cream, approx 3/4 cup and the peas and allowed to cook for another 5-8 minutes.



Make sure you stir well and continuously through this process so that the mushrooms dont burn in the bottom of the pan.

Once salmon is cooked remove from foil and serve over creamy mushroom suace with some baby potatoes on the side.
Enjoy!




ION: Celebrating 600 likes on my facebook "cooking with Jaz" page!!!
Thankyou all!
Thankyou for liking and sharing this blog and my page. For trying out the recipes and for your feedback!
Tomorrow I have something awesome instore!

Also look out for the new "Bachelor meal of the week" feature!
Think easy. Think quick. Think "minimal ingredients!" YESSS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment