Tuesday 11 March 2014

FISH CAKES

Hey people!! :-)
Ever had fishcakes? I have, once or twice. I had always wanted to try and make them and Sunday was the perfect day!
I bought two nile perch fillets, some potatoes and mixed a few other ingredients and made some tasty fish cakes. I especially loved how they tasted way after I cooked them.


Ingredients:-
5 medium sized potatoes
2 nile perch fillets or tilapia
Dhania/coriander
1/2 onion
4 cloves garlic
2 eggs
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 slices bread
1/2 cup milk
Butter/vegetable oil

Peel potatoes and clean fish and put to boil. Cut potatoes in half and fish in big chunks to boil/cook faster.
Do this separately.



Cut up onions and garlic and put to cook with butter/ vegetable oil. 


In a small bowl cut two slices of bread [remove the crust] in shreds and soak in 1/2 cup milk.


Clean and cut the dhania/coriander. Once potatoes and fish are ready, leave to cool. After that  mash potatoes in large bowl. Tear the fish and add to the mash, plus the soaked bread, dhania, cooked onions and garlic, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
Mix everything together. 
If by any chance your mixture is very runny cause of the eggs, add some more breadcrumbs.

 
Heat a pan with some oil, preferably olive oil.
Form little flat cakes with your hands out of the mix and put to cook in pan for a few minutes making sure to turn until they are golden brown.


Serve with salad or as a snack with mayo and ketchup on the side.


















Also you should know: 
1. You can like my facebook page for all the latest insights. The page is "cooking with Jaz"
2. I'm also on twitter. Follow me on "cookingwithjaz"
3. If you've tried any one of my recipes feel free to send/tag me on pictures or you can email me on "cookingwithjaz@yahoo.com" if you would like to be featured on my blog. 
4. I made this gorgeous dessert on Sunday night, stay tuned for the easy recipe made by yours truly.



Do have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment