Monday 10 March 2014

Sweet and sour pineapple and pork with white rice

Hey lovely people!
So I had an experimental type of weekend. Wanted to try making new meals and I believe that they were succesful, this one especially. 
I was craving chinese food and since I didn't want to spend much I opted to make some.


I bought a juicy pineapple and some pork meat, some peppers, used some leftover sweet and sour sauce and vuala AWESOMENESS!!!

Ingredients:- [serves 3-4]
Pork chunks [about  600gr]
1 Green pepper/hoho
1 Red pepper/hoho
1/4 pineapple
1 onion 
4 cloves garlic
sweet and sour cooking sauce
Soy sauce
Black pepper
1 tablespoon royco to thicken soup/ you can also use corn flour instead

I started off buy cooking my rice. Remember to always put double the cups water per cup rice. Once it was done, I put it aside and covered to keep it steamy.
I then proceeded to chopping some onions and garlic, the pineapple in chunks, and the peppers in long strands.
 I then cooked the onions and garlic and added the peppers/hohos there after.



Once they had cooked for about a minute I added the pork chunks since I wanted the peppers to keep their crunch instead of overcooking them.
 





I added some salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, a dash of soy sauce to add flavor and color, and about 4 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce [REAL THAI sweet & sour]. I then covered everything and allowed to cook for a good 5- 8 minutes.



After that I stirred in the pineapple chunks. In a cup with 3/4 water I mixed in 1 tablespoon royco/ corn flour, added to the meat and covered yet again.



Within a few minutes the pork was cooked and the stew was good and thick. White meat doesn't take too long to cook so if you're in the mood for a quick meal, say 10-15 minutes, try making this using pork or chicken chunks. Make sure to add pineapple chunks two-five minutes before putting the meal off to avoid overcooking.
There you have it. 
Simple, fast and sooooo tasty.
Serve with white rice and enjoy.


1 comment: