Tuesday 4 March 2014

BACHELOR MEAL OF THE WEEK: SPICY SCOTCH EGGS

Happy Tuesday to you all.
As promised here is my simple scotch egg recipe.

 
Scotch eggs are very easy to make, They need just three ingredients so you understand why Im calling them the bachelor meal of the week.
This is a new feature on the blog. Think easy. Think quick. Think minimal ingredients. That's what the "BACHELOR MEAL OF THE WEEK" is all about & since we all love breakfast, figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a breakfast meal.

So here it is....

Ingredients:-
Spicy beef sausages
Eggs
*Breadcrumbs
Vegetable oil

I stated off by boiling my eggs [water and eggs in a sufuria all at once] for about 10 minutes.


 

 Once they were done, I drained the hot water and cooled them with cold water. Heat oil in pan.
 I then proceeded to peel them afterwards. Once I was done I cracked another egg on a plate and put breadcrumbs on another plate. 


I then opened a sausage for each egg and covered it with the inside meat, being careful to cover every ounce of white. After that I carefully dipped them fully in the egg, and then in the breadcrumbs until they were completely covered and fried them in the hot oil for a few minutes. Be careful as you fry them since the sausage meat burns quickly. We want them brown and not blackened. 



Once they are done serve them with a salad or a ketchup. Simple and easy!



Mine were not perfectly oval in shape since I didnt use a deep frier but tasted equally good. If you have a deep frier use it for this recipe, and if not just use a deep pan instead.
I used the spicy sausages because I find them more flavorful than the normal ones yet you can use the normal ones as well if you're not a fan of spice. Remember it is one sausage per egg!

ION Happy pancake day to you all.
Check out my orange-butter pancake recipe on the blog. Just search pancake on the top-left search tab on the page and lets celebrate this awesome day in style!
:-)

Happy week. 
New recipes coming up this week!


1 comment:

  1. Finally did this recipe, this time round I did NOT boil my sausages. let's just say, *rubs belly*

    Thanks for posting simple yet delish recipes. this makes for a good snack or breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete