Thursday 13 March 2014

Short cut pastry served with Custard & fruits.

Happy Thursday guys!!
So I'll keep this one short because it was that fast and simple to make. 


This may come as a shocker but Im really not a fan of baking pastries or cakes as much. Sure this is the part you roll your eyes and wonder how I started a cupcake business yet I'm not a a fan of baking.
It grew on me. It was one of those things I wanted to venture into against all my fears and above my feelings. I thank God that I did and from that came my company, "CUPCAKESDELCIELO
Haven't been baking as much this year because of my day job and various other commitments here and there, but I do love throwing it down once in a while.
This past Sunday I was in the mood for some crunch and a lil bit of sugar.
I bought ready made-read rolled short cut pastry *since it is slightly salty* and custard powder(" because life is just too short to make custard from scratch" Quote from Siba Mtongana.) and some fresh kiwis and strawberries.

It was a quick and extremely easy dessert that I really enjoyed.

Ingredients:- [makes 6-7 pastries]  
 1 Kiwi per person
1 pack strawberries
1 roll ready made short cut pastry
2 tablespoons Custard powder
1 liter milk
1/4 cup Sugar 
 1 egg


First of all heat oven to 180 degrees.
Roll out the ready made pastry and use a round tin to make a shape. If you have cutters or desire to make any shape, go ahead and do so. Beat an egg and coat each piece. This is done so that each pastry has a golden shine when it leaves the oven. The good thing about the brand I used it that you don't have to use any extra butter or oil on the oven tray when baking. Place them in oven to bake until they have risen and have a golden brown color. 
Remove to cool.


(Once they were done I broke them in halves)

In a sufuria, heat the milk and sugar. Take two tablespoons of custard and mix with a few tablespoons of milk in a little cup. Once milk has come to a boil, add the mixture and stir continuously until thick and smooth. You can take it off the heat so that it doesn't burn in the bottom. If you get little lumps in the custard, worry not, you can always sieve it.
Also note: if the instructions on your custard are different, follow suit on the directions written on the tin.
Put aside.


Wash and peel kiwis and cut them up. Wash the strawberries and cut them in half. 
Serve in a bowl or a wide flat glass. Place the fruits at the bottom, followed by the shortcut pastry and pour over a generous portion of the custard.

Enjoy.
Simple and classy dessert!


















Watch out for tomorrows "ITALIAN FOOD"post.
I made some incredibly delicious dish over the week using sundried pesto and I can't wait to share it with you!
Have a lovely evening!
Sincerely,
Jaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment