Wednesday 26 March 2014

LEMON & HERB CHICKEN WITH A FETA-AVO SALAD

Hey guys!!!
I'll keep this one short and simple.
I made some chicken last night. Was craving a healthy meal so grilling was the only way to go.
I got some chicken, a lemon and some herbs and made this meal!













Ingredients:- [serves 3]
3 Chicken thighs and 3 drumsticks
Half a pack macarroni
Half a bag mixed salad
Ranch dressing
2 avocados
1 pack feta cheese
Salt to taste
3 cloves garlic
4 sticks Fresh thyme
Black pepper
Half a lemon






I started by boiling the water for the pasta. Once it was at a boil, I added the macaroni and cooked it for about 7 minutes. I made sure not to overcook the pasta because it would make the salad mushy. Once the pasta was cooked I drained the hot water out and used cold water to cool the pasta and stop the cooking process. I put it aside thereafter.


I followed by heating my oven to 180 degrees.
I then peeled the skin off my chicken, chopped and added the garlic and squeezed half a lemon over it. 
I also mixed it some thyme leaves by running my fingers through the stick from top to bottom. I then seasoned with black pepper, a dash of salt and some vegetable oil. *You can leave to marinate for half an hr if not overnight. You can also use a whole lemon for a more tangy taste*
I then put my chicken on a foil paper and wrapped it well and popped it into the oven.




After about 15 minutes I got the chicken out and unwrapped it, still leaving it in the foil but open at the top.
At this point it was half-cooked and very moist but I didn't want it to get too runny so I opened it up to have that slight crunch on the outside.
It cooked for another 15 minutes, over which I made sure to turn the chicken to brown evenly on all the sides.


Once the chicken was done, I removed it from the oven and mixed my salad.
 I used a large bowl. I washed and dried the mixed salad and mixed it with the pasta, feta and avocado cubes. I then topped it off with ranch dressing and some salt to taste.







And vuala, dinner was ready.
Simple, healthy and tasty.
The lemon and thyme works so well together. Its a subtle but aromatic flavor that goes really well with the feta-avo salad. You can use another dressing if you are conscious about the calories in the ranch dressing.





Enjoy.
Also I'll have you know:-
-I'm up to 6000 + pageviews-thankyou Jesus! and thankyou all for following and trying out my recipes.
-I'm now on Youtube, you can subscribe and check out the video here: CookingwithJaz
-I am officially on twitter on this account (@cookingwithjaz)
-I am also on facebook on this page "cooking with jaz"
-If you want to be featured on the "GUEST AND RECIPE OF THE WEEK" email me on "cookingwithjaz@yahoo.com"
-If you have tried any of my recipes, do tag me or send me the pics on any one of my social media pages



Have a lovely week!
Sincerely,
Jaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment