Monday 7 April 2014

BROWNIES ON A CHILLY NIGHT

Praise God for a new week.
I can't help but think about how sovereign God is. I think about having reached such a milestone with my loved one this past weekend and also of receiving the sad news of the passing of a good man.
God is truly everywhere right now being everything to everyone.
To those who are rejoicing, and to those who are mourning.
As some plan to wed, others plan to bury.
All in all, we cannot question anything that God does with His own. We can only trust in Him, knowing that He loves us and that His will towards us is good. Above all let us be reminded that we must live to know Him and to make Him known. All Glory to Him.

Praying for those who are mourning Kaberere.
Be encouraged by this song that brings me hope in dark moments....

The heart song

Over the weekend I made some brownies, that I think you should try out. I think I baked mine for too long, but the recipe is certainly a keeper when baked for a shorter period.



Ingredients:-
2 Bournville chocolate bars
100 grams butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Start off by melting the butter with the chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Be careful to get a bowl that doesn't melt when in contact with the hot water. You can use a stainless steel one or a hard plastic one.
It takes about 3-5 minutes for the butter and chocolate to melt. 







Mix the chocolate with the sugar and cocoa manually followed by the vegetable oil. 





Then whisk in the eggs one at a time. In a separate bowl sieve the floor and add to the mix slowly till it is mixed well. Add vanilla essence.



















Pour batter into a greased baking tin and bake for 20-22 minutes.


Note that this mixture is not meant to rise like other cakes that have baking powder. After 20 minutes, check if it is ready by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake and it shouldn't come out clean like other cakes since brownies are suppose to have a very moist-chocolatey center. 
Remove and place on rack to cool.



Serve with custard or icecream. 


Enjoy.
Have a purposeful and meaningfull week.
Love God, love others, be quick to forgive and even quicker to apologize, give thanks and live every moment like its the last.

Also I'll have you know:-
-I'm up to 6500 + pageviews-thankyou Jesus! and thankyou all for following and trying out my recipes.
-I'm now on Youtube, you can subscribe and check out the video here: CookingwithJaz
-I am officially on twitter on this account (@cookingwithjaz)
-I am also on facebook on this page "cooking with jaz"
-If you want to be featured on the "GUEST AND RECIPE OF THE WEEK" email me on "cookingwithjaz@yahoo.com"
-If you have tried any of my recipes, do tag me or send me the pics on any one of my social media pages
 
Sincerely 
Jaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment