Thursday 3 April 2014

OVERCOMING MY FEAR OF MAKING PASTRIES: BANANA CREAM PIE

Hey everyone!
I'm slowly getting there....making new desserts any chance I get.
This one you will all love. Pretty simple and sweet.
Did you know you can make the crust of a pie with biscuits?? Well here's how......



Ingredients:- serves 6
1 pack Vanilla cream pudding powder
1 packet 500 ml milk
3-4 bananas
Whipping cream to whip/ already whipped cream in can
Digestive biscuits
125 gr unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
So start off by grinding your biscuits. I used a small grinder to do so but you can always put them in a closed bag and smash them manually with a rolling pin until fine.


Melt the butter in microwave and mixed with the biscuit crumbs. 

 

Put in a wide or round tin and smash well into the bottom of the tin.
Put in oven for about 5-7 minutes. Monitor it to make sure it doesn't burn. Remember that the biscuits are already cooked so the purpose of baking is for it to create a beautiful brown crust.
Once it is done, remove to cool.


In a bowl beat the 500ml milk and one packet vanilla pudding powder until nice and thick. 


Peel and cut up bananas. 
And whip the cream. In my case I used a can of already whipped cream.
Since the crust has already cooled, place the sliced bananas and form a layer. 


Follow by covering with vanilla pudding and whipped cream.
Put in the refrigerator/freezer for about ten minutes for it to set well. 



One thing I noted about this was that when I used the can of whipped cream and covered the pie, it came out abit runny. The taste was still good but it didn't form such a clean layer. So for the next time I shall either whip my own cream or just refrigerate without the cream which I can add/spray on top right before serving.



















All in all it was a sweet mid-week treat! 
My peeps really enjoyed it as well and we ate quite a generous serving.
Try it :-))

Awaiting your FEEDback.
Also I'll have you know:-
-I'm up to 6000 + pageviews-thankyou Jesus! and thankyou all for following and trying out my recipes.
-I'm now on Youtube, you can subscribe and check out the video here: CookingwithJaz
-I am officially on twitter on this account (@cookingwithjaz)
-I am also on facebook on this page "cooking with jaz"
-If you want to be featured on the "GUEST AND RECIPE OF THE WEEK" email me on "cookingwithjaz@yahoo.com"
-If you have tried any of my recipes, do tag me or send me the pics on any one of my social media pages

Sincerely,
Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment