Saturday 5 April 2014

GRILLED LAMB & RATATOUILLE

Hey guys, weekend is already here!!!
How about a super easy recipe to start your weekend.

Haven't had lamb in a while so I figured I'd grill some last night and serve it with ratatouille. In school we always made ratatouille every week, it was one of the basic things we learnt which was a favorite for me. Personally I love courghettes and egg plants. When cooked well, they release such a natural sweetness that goes well with any meal. You can serve ratatouille with just about anything, with your eggs at breakfast, with rice, pasta, bread, etc.





So here it is.................

Ingredients:- Serves 6
Lamb loin 500 gr
8 cloves garlic
Ginger
2 courgettes
3 egg plants
1 large red pepper/ hoho
1 green pepper/ hoho
1 onion
Pasta/ rice/ fresh bread
3 tomatoes
dried parsley
dried basil
Fresh thyme
Vegetable oil/ olive oil
Salt
Black pepper
1 teaspoon royco
1 packet tomato paste

Start off by cooking your pasta or rice. 


Take a bowl and grate some ginger and 4 garlic cloves, add a dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt, a little vegetable oil and paprika and add the lamb in the bowl to marinate in that mixture.
Refrigerate for about half an hr. About 20 minutes in, preheat oven to 180 degrees.






During this time you can chop up the onions and the remaining garlic and put in a sufuria to cook. 


Wash the courgettes, egg plant, peppers and tomatoes. Chop up all the veggies except the tomatoes.



Add the peppers to the sufuria. Grate the tomatoes and add to sufuria as well. Follow by adding the courgettes and eggplant. Add the parsley and basil. 




Follow by adding the tomato paste, black pepper and salt to taste. Allow to cook for a few more minutes and make sure to stir well.


After a few minutes add the teaspoon royco and half a cup water and stir well. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes and remove from heat.






Remove marinated lamb from fridge and put on a greased oven tray. 


Monitor it as it cooks and half way into the cooking process * once it begins to brown,* sprinkle some thyme and pop it back to cook for another 5-10 minutes depending on how you like your meat *medium rare or well done.* The key is not to overcook the meat. The end goal is a nice juicy piece of meat and not a dry one. Monitor it well and within 10-12 minutes the lamb is well cooked and extremely juicy. Don't change the heat moderation-it will cook well at 180 degrees.


Serve with pasta/ rice/ bread and with the ratatouille.
Enjoy


Awaiting your FEEDback.
Also I'll have you know:-
-I'm up to 6000 + pageviews-thankyou Jesus! and thankyou all for following and trying out my recipes.
-I'm now on Youtube, you can subscribe and check out the video here: CookingwithJaz
-I am officially on twitter on this account (@cookingwithjaz)
-I am also on facebook on this page "cooking with jaz"
-If you want to be featured on the "GUEST AND RECIPE OF THE WEEK" email me on "cookingwithjaz@yahoo.com"
-If you have tried any of my recipes, do tag me or send me the pics on any one of my social media pages
-Look out for my brownie recipe coming up this next Monday
[see pic below]

Sincerely,
Jaz


No comments:

Post a Comment