Thursday 10 April 2014

VEGGIE STIR FRY WITH PAN FRIED FISH

From my kitchen to yours, HELLO!!!
Another day, another recipe, another blog post.
Today I'm blogging about last nights meal which was absolutely superb.
One of my loved ones is keeping away from red meat so vegetables and fish was the order of the night.


For those who checked out my recent Chinese meal, do you remember the "Blue dragon" Chinese sauce I used? Well I have discovered that these are definitely the best sauces to get when you're making Chinese food at home and they're only 75 shillings.  They have a variety of about 5 flavors ranging from chilli to spring onion and oyster sauce to the garlic one that I used last night to stir fry my veggies.
I didn't want to drown the taste of the fish with spices so I kept it simple with pepper, garlic and lemon and pan-fried the fish and my oh my SIMPLE IS THE WAY TO GO! The tilapia was simply superb!!
Hope you'll enjoy this simple meal.
Note: That I boiled my pasta and veggies together before I stir-fried them since I wanted to save up on time.

Ingredients:- [Serves 5-6]

1-2 Fillets tilapia [boneless and cut up in chunks]
1 head broccoli
1 pack mixed veggies [ carrots, french beans, peas]
1 red pepper/hoho
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
1/2 lemon
Black pepper
1 pack Blue Dragon Hoi sin & garlic [classic mix of soya beans, soy sauce and spices]
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil/ olive oil
Dark mushroom soy sauce
Macaroni/ any kind of pasta


Start off by boiling the water for the pasta. 


Wash the pack of mixed veggies and broccoli. Cut up the broccoli. Add 3 tablespoons oil and a dash of salt followed by the pasta. About 3 minutes in, add the veggies to boil.



 After about 8-10 minutes, remove when pasta is al-diente. You can also check to see if carrots have cooked well. *a little crunch is always okay* Avoid to over-boil because we wouldn't want the veggies to loose their beautiful and natural color. Drain hot water out and put aside.


In another sufuria/ pan heat oil with 2 cloves garlic and half an onion all chopped up. As they are cooking, wash and chop the red pepper and add to the sufuria to cook.


Follow by adding the full packet of the blue dragon sauce. Add the veggies and pasta and stir well and continuously.


 Add a dash of soy sauce to darken the stir fry and to add that mushroom flavor to the meal. Add salt to taste and remove from heat after 2 minutes.


















In another pan heat oil with remaining onion and garlic. Season fish chunks with black pepper and sauce and add to pan. As the fish is cooking squeeze half a lemon over it and some salt to taste.  Pan fry for 5-7 minutes and remove from heat.



Serve over the stir fry with half an avocado.




Enjoy :-)

Also I'll have you know:-
-I'm up to 6500 + pageviews-thankyou Jesus! and thankyou all for following and trying out my recipes.
-I'm now on Youtube, you can subscribe and check out the video here: CookingwithJaz
-I am officially on twitter on this account (@cookingwithjaz)
-I am also on facebook on this page "cooking with jaz"
-If you want to be featured on the "GUEST AND RECIPE OF THE WEEK" email me on "cookingwithjaz@yahoo.com"
-If you have tried any of my recipes, do tag me or send me the pics on any one of my social media pages
 

Sincerely
Jaz

1 comment:

  1. Look delicious! Hope i can do this
    ****************************************************
    FreshAZ – Supply the natural cosmetics ^-^
    Coconut Oil from VietNam
    Coconut Oil from Vietnam for your beauty

    ReplyDelete